This Billings Family Photographer had a blast during our Spring Mini Family Sessions! We couldn’t have asked for a more perfect weekend. The weather was warm, the flowers at DanWalt Gardens were gorgeous, and I got to photograph lots of amazing families! The sessions were quick & easy, but full of so many smiles!
Billings Family Photographer
I have a high-energy child of my own, so trust me, I know how stressful photos can be! That’s why mini sessions are the best option out there. They are shorter photo shoots (typically 15-20 minutes), but they capture all the images that you will need. Usually, past that 15-minute mark is when we start to lost kids’ attention and they are over the whole “photo” thing. So, if you have the opportunity to book a mini session, follow these steps and everything should be a breeze!
How to Prepare for a Family Mini Session
- When picking the outfits, choose a color palette of 3-4 colors and then try to coordinate with each other. Solid colors work best so avoid too many prints.
- Dress for the weather. It’s best to wear layers, then you can remove clothing if you get warm. We’ll reschedule if the weather doesn’t cooperate, especially if you have small children.
- Give a pep talk to your kids (and spouse) before the session and let them know that all they have to do is smile and the photos will be done before they know it!
- Bribes work!! I know that not all parents rely on bribes to get their kids to do something, but I’m not afraid to admit that I do! So I always bring my treasure chest full of goodies to photo shoots so that when we’re done, the kids can pick out their present. Don’t worry, I bring treats for the parents too!
- Focus on having a good time and don’t stress if your child isn’t cooperating the way you had hoped. Kids will be kids and most don’t like being told what to do. You’ve hired me for a reason and that’s because I know how to work with kids.
- After the session is all said and done, do something fun as a family! You’re usually dressed up so go out to lunch and celebrate. Kids grow up so quickly and life can pass you by so enjoy this time and make some memories!
Like what you see? Book your own mini session by visiting the Contact page!
leave a comment